Tuesday, September 14, 2004

beginnings...and fantasy sports

Hello and welcome all!

I have been inspired by my friend Kieran to start my own blog. I am not certain that I will post here on the same level of frequency or thoroughness, but what the hey...it looks like fun anyway. I hope those of you who stumble across this will enjoy my random expressions and meanderings.

To start off, I want to share with you all how excited I was to witness the sheer dominance of my fantasy football team. First place in week 1! I realize I'll probably live to regret those words in the long run, but I have to enjoy it while I can. Especially after my disastrous fantasy baseball season this year. (Oy...the pain.)

I wouldn't say that I'm a typical fantasy sports person. First off, I'm a chick. Not that chicks shouldn't be into fantasy sports, but it's clearly a hobby dominated by men. Secondly, I actually was not as active a sports fan before getting involved with fantasy baseball and football. Having to keep on top of player situations has made me become a much more knowledgeable fan overall. A friend of mine at work told me that he talks sports with me more than anyone else at work. Considering I'm an engineer and I work with a lot of men, I was quite surprised. And flattered, I must say.

2 comments:

Carl said...

welcome to blogging! Nice one to boot. I'll keep an eye on it. I have one at www.bubblegoose.blogspot.com It has had better days of better posts, but it is what it is. Good luck with your fantasy teams!

Erin said...

Hi Carl!

Forgive me for taking a while to post back, but I really wasn't expecting anyone to find my blog the same night that I started it. Thanks for the words of encouragement, and please let me know what you think as it progresses. I'll be sure to check yours out as well.