Tuesday, July 26, 2005

post espy-award spoiler and other observations

I'm in the process of relocating my office from a fairly convenient 8 miles away to an extremely pain-in-the-ass 32 miles away. This week I'll be visiting our facility in NJ, and when I get back up here next week - pouf! - I'll be in a new office. And honestly, in case you haven't figured this out, I'm really not excited about it. Dealing with this has become a flashing neon sign that tells me to make a change in my life, and make it soon. In case any of the struggles I'm going through that I outlined in my previous post weren't enough of a hint.

Other than that, I've had a fairly action-packed past couple of weeks. I went to see Bronson Arroyo at his record album debut party. It was fun, although I certainly wasn't impressed enough with Bronson's talents to purchase his album. The event was being taped for the ESPY awards, which were also being taped the same night as the concert. (What - you thought that was broadcast live?) Since we were in Boston, we became the screaming throng of people that they would cut to whenever a Boston team (i.e. the Red Sox) won an award. As you might imagine, this was an especially fun experience for a Yankee fan, although I can't imagine it was much more fun for Bernie Williams, who was also in attendance. (No, he did not get up on stage and play.) The other thing about the event that was really strange was that for some reason every time ESPN cut to us, they would post that we were at Game On Cafe, when we were actually at Avalon. I'm sure that there was some sponsorship reason why that was, but it was still a little strange.

Finally, I think that I have figured out my way in the relationship arena. My boyfriend just spent the last week and a half up here visting me, and I'll be spending time with him this coming week and weekend. I think what I've figured out over that time is that we just need to keep doing what feels good for both of us, and the other pieces will fall into place after that. That doesn't mean that we don't need to talk about where the other pieces need to fall, but the journey of discussion has so far been really interesting and engaging, and I'm learning a lot about someone I love. So...while I'm not quite sure where the journey will take me, it's been a good time so far and I'm looking forward to more.

No comments: