Thursday, December 30, 2004

oh theo, you shouldn't have!

The Boston Globe Magazine gave the title of "Bostonian of the Year" to Theo Epstein, the boy-wonder GM who created a Red Sox team that was finally able to break the 1918 no World Series title curse. I suppose that you could say he's somewhat a piece of forbidden fruit, especially since I am a Yankees fan. But I must say that Theo has definitely caught my eye. He has a nice combination of nerdy intelligence and good looks that I tend to fall for (for those of you unfamiliar with him, take a look here).

Among many other things, the Globe magazine article announcing the coronation revealed the following:

"His family says Theo's girlfriend is a critical presence in his life. Though he zealously guards his privacy around this relationship, he will say this much: She is a 26-year-old who worked in the biotech world and is now in graduate school for healthcare policy."
Now what I thought was really funny about this is that it is a pretty good description of me, professionally anyway. (I'm actually a proud 30 years old, but hey, close enough.) Who would expect that the person I was fantasizing about actually may have been fantasizing about someone like me?

The article goes on with this:
"He's also happy to point out that they began dating before he became GM, having met in the spring of 2002 at the Back Bay restaurant Vox Populi. She's only a casual fan of baseball, so he loves the fact that they can go weeks at a time without discussing the game."
Now I've never really been one to hang out at Vox, and I do play fantasy baseball. So...maybe I am Theo's fantasy, and he's just trying to keep me a secret. Yeah, that's it.

Way to keep me under wraps, Theo. :)

No comments: