Thursday, December 09, 2004

the careful meting of time

Well, I started this blog with good intentions, and, similar to my own personal efforts to keep a journal, it fell by the wayside for a while. That's not to say that I haven't been busy...work has kicked up in a new direction, and taking two classes at the same time has taken its toll.

Yet, I can't help but feel a little disappointed at my ability to keep up with my blog. I think that part of the reason that it is hard for me is that I am still a little nervous about writing and sharing that writing with others. In some ways, writing, like any art, lays one bare for all to see. Criticism of my writing can feel like a direct criticism of me. I suppose it's the closest I could get to imagining what it might be like for someone to criticize my own child, although I realize that is quite a leap.

Well, I think that for now and in the new year I need to do a better job of pushing myself to write in this blog. Although it may not seem like much, I really feel a good sense of accomplishment when I complete an entry. Especially so if others compliment it! So...well, I suppose that now's as good a time as any, and doubly so when I have other things I should be doing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You seem to expect that you could only be judged negatively from your words. But have you ever considered the antipode? Fear not, my distant friend. Your words reveal a writer with a sharp mind and an inquisitive soul -- whether you realize it or not. A worthy scribe indeed!

TheAnon.Heart