Thursday, December 30, 2004

slow week at the office

I'm at work, drinking some tea and reliving moments of fantasy football glory with a colleague, when I decided that now would be as good a time as any to add another post. (Both he and I played the guy in our league with Priest Holmes during week 5, when Kansas City was on a bye week, and then again when he was injured. Sweet.)

Coming into work on a slow day is always good in some ways. You can do things that you never have time to do normally, like post to your blog. Although I'll probably be getting out of here a little early today. I still need to figure out what I'm doing for New Year's, but I'm not worried about it. I realized yesterday that what I really need right now is some time to rest. Basically, I'm tired, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It's not that I want to just sit around and dwell on things, but it's more that I want to turn off for a while. Disconnect. Feel nothing.

Maybe I'll go to one of those places where they have those sensory deprivation tanks, so I can kick into the new year all embryonic like. Nah...I'm not sure that I could ever see myself paying good money for something like that. A massage, a pedicure maybe. But not to float in a tub. Anyway I feel like I'm moving in that direction now on my own. The last two weeks had been so stressful for me with work and my personal life that I was walking around with this persistent knot of anxiety in my stomach. I was sleeping and eating, but not really. I would have brief moments of escape (buying a rosemary tree and some frogs with a friend being one of them), but then it would return. The past few days have been easier for me though, and I think I just want to keep riding that train until I feel a bit more rested.

Although getting rest would be greatly assisted if the guy who lives above me would stop blasting Stevie Ray Vaughan every night. Ugh...it's gotten so bad, Crossfire was in one of my dreams last night.

No comments: